Are you looking to sell your Guelph real estate, but aren’t quite sure where to begin? The process of selling a home can be full of twists and turns and to make it easier on yourself, we recommend starting the journey by prepping your house for sale.
As your trusted Guelph real estate agents, we want to help you sell your home as quickly as possible and for the highest amount we can get. Throughout our experience in the industry, one of the simplest ways to accomplish this is by using some of the following tips and tricks to dazzle potential buyers.
Prepping your home may sound like an intimidating or expensive task, but it doesn’t have to be! We understand that expensive undertakings like remodeling or upgrading your home may not be possible for everyone so we have included ideas for every budget that can be used to prep your Guelph real estate for sale and recoup more of your original investment into your home.
Check out these ideas and find out more about our personalized “Room-by-Room Review” below:
- Make sure the exterior of your home is appealing to buyers. This could range from proper lawn maintenance and weed removal to planting new flowers and cleaning out your gutters. Another great way to instantly update the look of your home is to add a fresh coat of paint! Paint the front door a tasteful color that contrasts with the rest of your exterior and buy a brand new welcome mat to make your front entrance look more inviting.
- Repaint the interior as well. Whether you have young children who may have gotten your walls dirty or your current color palette is on the bolder, more colorful side, it is a good idea to freshen up the interior of your home with a great neutral color. This will make the house look cleaner as well as allow buyers to imagine their own decor and belongings in your home.
- Go ahead now and make any noticeable repairs to your home. While it may seem like a hassle to make these updates, you will be surprised how inexpensive a lot of the fixes can be and how much of an impact they will make with buyers. They won’t necessarily know how much each repair is going to cost them, so noticing a lot of things they will need to fix themselves could be a turn off for potential buyers.
- Clean, clean, clean, clean, clean! This is without a doubt the least expensive thing you can do to prep your house for sale and it often has the most impact! Make sure that every room and surface in your home are spotless. Even small things like organizing you closet and closing the lid of the toilet, can make a difference to buyers. It is also a great idea to remove clutter and personal items and try to arrange your furniture in a way that makes each room look as a large and inviting as possible.
- Make sure every room has a clear purpose. If you have a room you are using for storage, repurpose it into a bedroom, office or game room to show potential buyers that they too can find a use for that space.
These are just a few, very simple, steps that can make the process of prepping your home a breeze.
As you go through this list, add in the things you would be looking for as a buyer. Everyone is different and will appreciate different aspects of your home, so do your best to stay as neutral and simplistic as possible to help them to better picture themselves living in your home.
It is also a great idea to turn on all your lights and bake something sweet when potential buyers are coming to view your house! This helps to highlight all the different areas of your home, and who doesn’t like the smell of freshly baked treats?
As part of the outstanding customer service we provide to our clients, we offer a customized “Room-by-Room Review” to show you the very best things that you can do to prepare your house for sale and get the highest return on your investment!
If you are in the market to sell your home, call us or request your “Room-by-Room Review” today! We can’t wait to get your home sold!